Boo2Bullying Volunteer Description
What is a Volunteer?
A Boo2Bullying Volunteer is a person who freely offers to take part in the organization and its activities.
What do Boo2Bullying Volunteers do?
- Supports the organization in areas such as community events, school assemblies, fundraising, etc.
- Plans, sets up, breaks down, and provides shift coverage during public events.
- Distributes information through a variety of ways.
- Raises awareness by talking to friends, family, and the community.
What skills/experience do I need?
- Open and accepting of all people from a variety of backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and professional demeanor
- Personal and friendly manner
- Honest and trustworthy nature
- Team player mentality
- Flexibility to participate in activities when needed
- Successful completion of the Boo2Bullying Volunteer Training Program.
How much time do I need to commit?
We know that everyone is busy, but it's important to remember that we need a solid Volunteer program to continue our work. This is a flexible role and the times may vary but we would like you to attend 1 to 2 events per month (as needed).
How will I be trained and supported?
- All Volunteers are required to attend a mandatory Volunteer Orientation before they can become an official Boo2Bullying Volunteer.
- Volunteers are required to participate in ongoing training throughout the year. These trainings will be offered in-person and online.
- You will be provided with a Boo2Bullying Volunteer Handbook.
- You will be assigned to a Boo2Bullying Director, Manager, or Coordinator for mentoring.
Where will I be based?
- This role will be based within your local area, with the option to attend events further out should you wish to.
How do I apply?
Complete the Boo2Bullying Volunteer Application here: https://forms.gle/tBsaRfYzQA3T1Pbf8